Monday, March 15, 2010

Curly hair, short haircut, lots of work?

if i cut my hair so the length is about an inch above my shoulders, will it take a lot of work in the morning?


usually i just wash my hair and use some leave-in conditioner and my hair does the rest. if i cut it, i don't think the weight would be enough to make it un-frizzy.


side-note: if i only shampoo twice week, but condition every other day, is that gross?Curly hair, short haircut, lots of work?
If you have curly hair, you shouldn't be washing everyday. It's not gross, it's exactly what you should do. I have curly hair so I speak from experience. Don't cut your hair. Think of it like this: It will take less time to style your hair is it's shorter. BUT when your hair is long you can just throw in some product and walk out the door. This isn't the case with short curly hair. You have to do it everyday. If you are having problems with frizz, try using a mousse instead of leave-in conditioner. I love Biolage but if you're on a smaller budget try VO5 Curvaceous Curls. It's very light so you won't feel like you have product in.Curly hair, short haircut, lots of work?
I just did the same cut, with the same hair.


First off, with curly hair, make sure they layer your hair when they cut it, so it doesn't poof out like a triangle.


After washing my hair, I run anti-frizz cream through, and while I still have some left over on my hands, I scrunch my hair. It doesn'y need more curls, but at least this way, I can kind of control where they go. A little bit of flexible hairspray keeps it in shape.


As for not washing, you'll need to shampoo more than twice a week, since you'll probably need to use products on short hair. Get a clarifying shampoo (pantene carries one) so the product doesn't gunk up your cute new cut.
my friend has curly/wavy hair and she just cut her hair super short and she says she has to straighten it every morning (she used to leave it natural sometimes) because it gets too poofy =/

No comments:

Post a Comment